Minty Pea Soup – Video Recipe!
The day is finally here! I cannot contain my excitement any more! I’ve been working on a cooking video with my friend Lizette from MLSalomon Productions and I’m finally ready to show it to all of you! I’ve been wanting to create cooking videos for a while now, but it took me some time to find a person I trusted with the creation.
The inspiration behind this soup came from a recent visit to Bistrot la Minette in Philadelphia. They are one of my favorite French restaurants and offer a very authentic French dining experience. I had a very similar soup there and had to recreate it. And after I received some delicious peas from my CSA (Luna Farm) recently, it was a no brainer what I was going to make. Plus soups are one of my favorite things to make in the kitchen 🙂
So without further ado, here is the video!
You can also find the ingredients and method below for future reference! Let me all know what you think! And please tell me what you would like to see in my next video!
– 3 lbs of English peas, should yield approximately 3 cups of shelled peas
– 2 cups water
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 2 shallots, diced
– dash of salt
– 1/ cup fresh mint, chopped
– 3 tablespoons crème fraîche (to make this soup paleo, omit)
- Prep your ingredients! Dice the shallots, chop the mint, and shell the peas. Put all of the ingredients aside in separate bowls.
- Place pot on medium heat and melt butter. Saute shallots for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant
- Add 2 cups of water, salt, and peas to the pot.
- Cover the pot and cook for 12-15 minutes, until peas are tender. (If using frozen peas, cut the time in half.)
- Remove cover and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes
- Add mint to pot and blend everything with an immersion blender.
- Mix in crème fraîche.
- Serve either hot or cold!