Maple bacon sweet potato hash
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Whether that’s true or not, it’s definitely my favorite meal. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably noticed since the majority of my pictures are breakfast ones. When I’m home on the weekends, I do my best to spice things up since I’m usually stuck with the same over-scrambled eggs, unripe fruit, mediocre breakfast sausage, and inedible pastries when I’m on the road at the Marriott during the work week.
Before I started making breakfast this morning, I made a delicious cup of bulletproof coffee. If you haven’t had it before, I highly recommend it! It’s basically a cup of hot organic coffee with unsalted grassfed butter and MCT oil/coconut oil. It gives you a great boost of energy to get your day started. And before you think it’s gross to put butter in your coffee, consider that butter is a semisolid form of cream.
After I made my coffee, I was ready to tackle breakfast. I found some delicious maple bacon on sale and decided I’d make Maple bacon sweet potato hash!
For the Maple bacon sweet potato hash, you will need:
– 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
– 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
– 5 pieces of maple bacon (regular bacon is fine too)
– 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
– 2 tablespoons of coconut oil for frying
This recipe yields about 2 servings. Feel free to double or triple it up if you’re feeding more people!
To make the maple bacon sweet potato hash:
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry in a pan on medium heat until moderately crispy. Set aside.
- Peel the onion and dice it. Add coconut oil to a different frying pan and cook onion for 1-2 minutes.
- Peel sweet potato and dice into cubes. Add cubes to the pan with the onion.
- Once the sweet potatoes are soft, add the maple syrup and the bacon.
- Serve with sunny side up eggs or other eggs of your choice.