Chocolate Chip Paleo Cookies
Every once in a while, I like to treat myself to some baked paleo goods. Let’s be real, what paleo gal doesn’t crave chocolate chip cookies once in a while?! I’ve experimented a lot in the kitchen with almond flour lately and I have to say, these chocolate chip cookies are phenomenal. You almost forget they’re paleo because they taste THAT delicious.
For the Chocolate Chip Paleo Cookies, you will need:
– 3 cups almond flour (you can find almond meal at Trader Joes, which is the same thing)
– 1/2 cup coconut oil
– 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip (I prefer the Enjoy Life brand you can find at Whole Foods)
This recipe yields about 16 cookies 2-3″ in diameter
To make the Chocolate Chip Paleo Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In another medium sized bowl, beat the eggs. Then add the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and beat with a hand mixer or KitchenAid at medium speed until combined
- Melt coconut oil and pour over batter. Blend until combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet or a silicone baking mat, place balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size, about 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and remove from the oven and enjoy!!